No matter how safe you strive to be when on the road, rock chips are inevitable. While not every rock chip is a cause for serious concern, addressing chips promptly and ensuring they’re taken care of is essential to your safety. In short, rock chips will occur when you least expect them. Fortunately, when this does occur, the Auto Glass Specialists of Utah will be there to repair or replace your windshield.
As Utah’s premier auto glass specialists, we strive to ensure road safety. This includes informing Utah residents of all things rock chip repair, from DIY windshield chip repair to the rock chip repair cost. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the information provided below so you’ll know exactly what to do when a rock damages your windshield.
Types of Chips
Knowing the types of windshield rock chips that can occur can be crucial for your own safety and that of others. What may look like a small chip of little concern, can easily spread and become a serious safety issue. Simply put, there’s a variety of rock chips and some can be more severe than others. To get an idea of these types, take a look at the list below:
- Bullseye – Round with the point of impact in the center, these chips can be easily repaired when addressed promptly.
- Half Moon: Easily repairable, half moon rock chips have less of a chance of cracking and spreading.
- Star: While common, star-shaped chips are more prone to cracks and spreading and should be taken care of immediately.
Why Repair a Rock Chip?
As mentioned, rock chips should never be taken lightly. If not addressed right away, certain chips can easily spread, threatening your safety and that of other drivers on the road. Of course, once a chip spreads, you’ll have to replace the windshield rather than simply repair the chip. So, when people ask why repair a rock chip, the answer is clear: repairing a chip will save you from the costs of replacement and ensure road safety. Additionally, most chips and cracks won’t be able to pass Utah’s safety & emissions test.
Rock Chip Repair: Utah
As you can see, taking care of rock chips when they occur can be crucial to your safety. To better your understanding, let’s review a few more aspects of rock chip repair. Take a look at some quick facts below:
- A damaged windshield requires immediate attention, but doesn’t necessarily need to be replaced. Our technicians are experts in the techniques that restore the structural integrity of your windshield and prevent the damage from spreading.
- Contacted quickly, Auto Glass Specialists can repair quarter-size chips without removing and replacing the glass.
- Mobile Rock Chip Repairs for $39.95!
- Most insurance companies cover Rock Chip Repairs regardless of your deductible amount.
- Auto Glass Specialists’ technicians are trained in the latest repair techniques and technology, and perform thousands of windshield repairs each year.
- All Auto Glass Specialists repairs are backed by our satisfaction Warranty.
- We guarantee repairs will pass Utah state inspection, and will not crack or spread.
Have a Chip? Call the Auto Glass Specialists!
If your vehicle has suffered from a rock chip, be sure to call us as soon as possible. We’ll repair your chip and make sure it doesn’t spread. If it does, we can take care of that too! Give us a call today at 385.245.9989 or contact us here.